Monday, May 17, 2010

Worldwide Blessings


This weekend I went to the St. George temple for the wedding of one of my really good high school friends. The ceremony did not last as long as I had thought, and I found myself with extra time.

I believe that Heavenly Father wants to bless all of His children, even those who passed away without participating in the ordinances of Salvation (such and Baptism.) In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint is found the authority of the Priesthood, which is the authority to act in God's name to perform such ordinances, and seal families together for time and all eternity.

Ordinances need to be performed here on Earth. For those who died without those blessings we can go to the Temple and perform these ordinances as proxies for (in the place of) those deceased. They can choose to accept or reject the ordinances we perform.

I thought that I would be proxy for some individuals, and perform some of these ordinances of Salvation during the extra time I had. I was proxy for five individuals. The first name was from Mexico, the second from Peru, the third from France, the fourth was born in Hungary, the fifth was from Germany. Five individuals from across the world.

I appreciated this experience, because it taught me that God bestows His blessings worldwide. There I was in St. George Utah, performing ordinances of salvation on behalf of five deceased brothers from across the world.

I learned that God's love encompasses all Earth and Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment